David's Dad is not up and running yet, but he walked a few steps yesterday and more today. He had pudding yesterday and today, and real food for lunch.
This has been a slow recovery, but I guess it's not unprecedented. We have heard about friends who have been disoriented and who have had complications in recovery from open heart surgery. We are grateful that he is doing so much better.
Saturday, Dad was talking, but not so you could understand him, until his wife and I started to talk about his little Boston Terrier Prissy. He repeated her name. A few minutes later, after I had left so David could come into the room, he said to David, "I can talk again. Lordy, Lordy, Lordy." This reminded David of his grandmother. But coherent language was still mixed with mumbling. Among the coherent things Dad said was, "I love all of my kids".
Sunday, Dad was disoriented and kept trying to disconnect medical equipment. But last night, he started asking questions about various family members. He said he wanted to go with his wife to Medford, Oregon. He wanted me to take his sister-in-law Helen in a separate car. He instructed David to start moving him toward the South (toward home) at 9:00. His plans will have to wait a few days.
He looked much better, and we are looking forward to his return home.
THE LAST POST
11 years ago
1 comment:
So good your Dad-in-law is getting better. Praise God! I am sure familiar surroundings will help enormously.
Thank you for popping into my blog. I am now learning about fractals - and am really fascinated. Why didn't we learn this stuff at school? Still, its never too late!
Post a Comment